Consumers are shopping differently:
– Using the Internet to research prices and products to insure the best deal
– Using coupons and waiting for sales to buy something
– Using credit cards to pay for merchandises
– Returning unwanted products more
– Shopping in second-hand shops and thrift stores
– Cutting back on buying brand-names
– Generally shopping less and saving more to buy something they really want.
How to shop smart during a recession:
– Take a look at your wardrobe. Plan your purchase before hitting the mall.
– Only buy what’s on your list and refrain from impulse buys.
– Go check out designer store sales racks for quality bargains.
– Buy basics that would go with everything.
– Learn to accessorize. Use accessories to dazzle up the basics.
– Sell or donate useless items you no longer need.
– Research prices on the internet to insure the best deals.